When you have a drafty home, you aren’t just losing heat, your losing money. Energy audits and improvements can help you create a home that’s efficient and more comfortable. And can help you see a savings of up to 30% on your energy bills largely because you are burning less heating fuel.
Our Energy Audit / BPI Certified Partner – Sisler Builders
Building Performance Institute certified audits include:
- Blower door tests and analysis
- Duct blaster tests and analysis
- Combustion appliance inspection and analysis of performance regarding proper function, efficiency, health, and safety
- Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) worst case depressurization testing for health and safety
- Gas line inspection for leaks
- Thermal building scans
- Insulation inspection and evaluation
- Electrical appliance inspection and evaluation regarding energy efficiency
- Inspection and diagnosis of air leakage, moisture infiltration, thermal loss, and air quality problems
- Carbon monoxide level testing and problem diagnosis
- Ice dam build-up diagnosis on roofs
- Window and door performance evaluation
- Eligibility for Efficiency Vermont incentives and rebates for home performance improvement.
Once the audit is completed, we review our findings and potential remediation options with you. We help you to access available incentives and rebates, and at your request, will prepare an estimate for further remedial work to the extent that you are interested in pursuing additional savings and improvements.
Heat Squad Energy Audit
At your HEAT Squad Energy Audit, you will learn:
- Where you are losing heat
- If your insulation is adequate
- Where you are wasting electricity
- If there are health and safety concerns
You will receive your comprehensive same day energy report detailing the estimated energy savings, cost ranges, prioritized recommendations, and estimated incentives from Efficiency Vermont (up to $2,500 for homeowners and $5,000 for eligible businesses).
Additional Information about a Heat Squad Audit:
- HEAT Squad has BPI-certified Home Performance with Energy Star auditors on staff who keep your best interests at heart.
- Energy audits generally last between two and four hours. It is important that the decision makers be present at the time of the energy audit.
- Make sure you have a recent electric bill and a year’s worth of heating bills on hand.
- Energy audits cost $150 for buildings up to 3,500 square feet in Rutland, Addison, Bennington, Windham, and Windsor counties (average cost: $300-$500). For each additional 1500 square feet over 3,500 square feet, the cost increases by $150.
- Heat Squad can do apartment buildings, duplexes, condominiums, modular, second homes, small commercial up to 10,000 square feet, and rentals. From farmhouses to new construction, we can do it all.
- If you are a renter, please have your landlord call to schedule the audit.
HEAT Squad Expands Into NEK:
HEAT Squad has launched in the Northeast Kingdom and now serves homeowners in Essex, Orleans, and Caledonia counties. To schedule your energy audit or to find out more about our services, visit www.heatsquad.org or call (802) 438-2303 and mention that you live in the Northeast Kingdom.